multinet 4.1 PAK

Ryan Blair blairrya at cse.msu.edu
Sat Mar 26 13:30:20 CDT 2016

>> To get a MULTINET license, you need the VMS checksum.

<snip>

> $ SHOW LICENSE [everything there is]
>
> I can get an output, but CHECKSUM is not listed like it is mentioned here:
> http://www.openvmshobbyist.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=10&thread_id=230

<snip>

(replace PAK names as needed, you might have OPENVMS-HOBBYIST or
need the base VAX-VMS, depending on how you had paid-for PAKs or
pure hobbyist, etc. etc.)

!$ dump out a DCL-flavored copy of the installed PAK
!$ lose the /PROCEDURE if you just want readable, not pasteable
$ LICENSE ISSUE /PROCEDURE VAX-VMS

!$ re-enable the license, since ISSUE'ing it marks it disabled
$ LICENSE ENABLE VAX-VMS

This works on VMS 5.5-2H4 (which is also capable of handling the
current-ish version of Multinet, v5.5).

-Ryan