Code listings for the I4004 or I4040

Klemens Krause krause at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Mar 18 08:34:19 CDT 2016

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> I have two items which use 4004 procs, one is a Prolog M900B E/PROM programmer ca. 1979.
> The manual includes the firmware source. (Somewhat bizarrely, it's typed/printed onto coding forms.)
> Here are the first two pages (photos, not scanned).

We have this Prolog 900 too and I remember the hand written firmware listing
in the manual. It should be somewhere in a pile of papers.
And we have the Prolog M980, which contains a 4040.

And we also have a PCB, containing a 4004 system. I once reverse
engineered the hardware and added a keyboard an a display to it. I wrote a
program for an desktop calculator. Integer only, but it can calculate
square roots. With luck the source for this should be on an old PC of
mine.
look at www.computermuseum-stuttgart.de/dev/i4004
(sorry, I didn't translate this page.
We have also the "MCS-4 Users Manual" (Feb. 1973, Rev. 4). It contains
some coding examples (16 digit addition,  BCD to binary conversion, A-D-
converter)

Klemens

--

klemens krause
Stuttgarter KompetenzZentrum fyr Minimal- & Retrocomputing.