MEM11A questions

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Tue Mar 8 14:58:25 CST 2016

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 12:44 PM, Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> No, it will only have 128KW.  Since it’s a single FRAM part, I’m not going to
>> try and “stock” different flavors (especially since I’ll be having the boards
>> assembled at the board house).
>
> But you will do something to allow memory to be switched in and out? I
> presume this thing wouldn't work in an 11/20 unless it was strapped
> back to 32KW? Or will the 11/20 be happy and simply ignore the
> unaddressable memory beyond 32KW?

It will have 2 sets of configuration switches.  One is the starting address
(on a 4KB boundary).  The other is the number of 4KB blocks that the
board will respond to.

I may have a couple of other options like the speed at which it can
respond (the FRAMs have a 35 ns access time) and the size of the
IO hole.

I wrote the Verilog for the CPLD last night and as I finished it, I thought of
a few other options that might be useful.  I’ll look it at some more once I’ve
done the simulation.

TTFN - Guy