Running RT11v4 on 11/03

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Fri Mar 4 20:57:44 CST 2016

All —

Now that I have a running 11/03 (through the Heathkit HT-11 I bought) I thought I’d try to get something running other than XXDP using the TU58 emulator. Malcolm Macleod has a quick walkthrough of how to make this work with an 11/23 and the TU58 emulator from Will Kranz (http://www.avitech.com.au/pdp-11-03/make-tu58-rtv4-image.html).

Even though the tutorial is for the 11/23, I think that the 11/03 can run RT-11 from an RX01, and the H11 came with an optional custom version of RT-11, so I feel that it should theoretically work. I followed the tutorial and it reads the image but barfs at some point and the CPU halts. Not sure why. Has anyone tried this?

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers