Recovery adventure - Re: Unidentified DEC gear available, NSW-AU

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Mar 3 07:49:05 CST 2016

Steven;

So glad it was a productive trip. While some of that gear was obviously pretty severely damaged... the Fox 2 would have been worth the trip for me anyways :)

A return trip should be scheduled by you or the folks you were in contact/working with, for the boxes of documentation and for that 35 tty!

I do have that exact same paper tape reader, but mine is on a data general S120. On that system, whoever implemented it left off the two tape bins. I got the bins with the system, but there was no mounting spot for them. I guess they figured letting the tape cascade onto the floor was good enough :) Haven't figured out how they fed it though.

Best,