Recovery adventure - Re: Unidentified DEC gear available, NSW-AU

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:36:07 CST 2016

> Finally I removed the Foxboro paper tape reader. The tape holders each
> side slide up to reveal the rack mounting
> screws. Onto the ute it went.
>
> There were some other racks of gear, but all custom idustrial control
> equipment. One rack had a DEC A-D Converter
> in it with some serious cables connected to some backplanes of the smaller
> Flip Chip modules. I grabbed the A-D
> and Flip Chips.
> http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/4173/gear_recovery_16.jpg
> http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/4173/gear_recovery_17.jpg
> http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/4173/gear_recovery_18.jpg
> http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/4173/gear_recovery_19.jpg
> http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/4173/gear_recovery_20.jpg

What is in picture 18? There is something very familiar with it. To me it
looks like the backplane of a PDP-9. The core memory stack in the top.

Compare with the RICM PDP-9:

http://www.ricomputermuseum.org/Home/equipment/dec-pdp-9/PDP-9_Processor_Front.jpg

I would be very interesting to see more pictures of the cabinet in picture
18.

I also would guess that the the cabinet with the A/D converter (AF01A) in
the top also hold a D/A converter (AA01A). It looks very much similar to
the one we have with our PDP-9.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96935524/Datormusuem/Exhibhall-8l-8e-rk07.png
(the cabinet next to the RK07)

/Mattis