StorageTek 2920 9-track manual or instructions wanted

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Jun 28 12:16:54 CDT 2016

On 06/28/2016 04:28 AM, Göran Axelsson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Norsk Data ND110324 9-track drive which is a
> rebranded StorageTek 2920 with SCSI interface. So far I
> have only found a single manual for it, a quick guide card
> of 10 pages.
>
> Is there a manual out there which describes the unit a bit
> more in depth, like setting the SCSI address, diagnostic
> program codes, service, technical specifications and so on.

Are you sure it is SCSI?  2920 sounds real familiar, I think
we had a 2920 at work, and the interface was proprietary.
Just because it has 50-pin connectors does not mean it is SCSI.

There were a couple outfits that made controllers for it.  I
think we had an Aviv Q-bus controller for ours.
I still have that board.

Jon