CiTOH terminals (was Re: old friend is slimming down the warehouse)

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Jun 27 11:12:29 CDT 2016

Pity you don't go West as well, I'm in Portland Oregon but maybe
something could be worked out. When not in a rush I've been able to
arrange back seat/trunk shipments.

Sounds like the same. I was at company called Tektronix and I was the
one to introduce the CIT-101. We bought a
lot of DEC gear, and even shipped a product with a rebranded PDP11/40,
at one time were one of DEC's largest
buyers of PDP's. One would think that would get us a good discount.
One day the VT-101 started to die, at the
same time I needed some DL11W's, so I added the VT100 to the request
for quote. The discount on the VT
was something like $25, basically nothing. And then out of nowhere, I
get a letter from a friend who had gone
to work for a small contract engineering company and he tells me he's
been working on the firmware for VT100
clone. Anyway not long after that I had a loaner from C Itoh, and
arranged a demo. I requested a quote for 25
CIT-101's and can't remember but damn close to 1/2 of what DEC was
charging for theirs. When DEC found out they
were not very happy.

BTW Technical Magic was formed to make Video Games.