Data General Nova object formats

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Sun Jun 12 22:02:13 CDT 2016

On 6/12/2016 5:39 PM, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> Ok, I've found a description of the .rb format in manual 093-000081-02 for the Macro Assembler, and a description of the .ab format in manual 093-000003-06 for the Binary Loader. Now, off to dig into Toby's assembler some more to figure out how to make it emit absolute binary!

Is there a linker included in his toolchain?  That is where you need to
look.  If it is designed to run for an OS, or with an smart loader, it
will take in object modules and emit them with relocatable addressing
resolution still required.

There should be some linker control to do placement like you wish to
have it do, which would be absolute binary with the loader directives
other than object addresses and text gone.

thanks
Jim