UNIBUS M9312 ROMS

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Jun 8 19:27:31 CDT 2016

On 06/08/2016 3:46 PM, Jay West wrote:
> I wrote...
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> 23-E39A9 is still lost to time, afaik. TMSCP - TU81
> To which mike replied...
> ----
> Could that not be reverse-engineered from the boot code in e.g. Emulex
> UC17 ROMs? They could do TMSCP...
>
> BTW what PROM blower would folks recommend for creating/imaging M9312 ROMs?
> ----
> Possibly, but some (me) are sticklers for original code. Plus, I am not sure, but I think someone said this rom did something really bizarre to fit in the available rom space - self modifying code or something...
>
> Data I/O 29B

No way the M9312 can self modify, it is a burn once PROM -
82S137/Am27S32/74S573 (1024x4-TS) and can easily be read and blown on a
Data I/O 29B.

If you have a good copy of the original code it WILL replicate on a new
PROM just fine.

Reference page of the files:

http://www.bluefeathertech.com/technoid/promfiles.html

John :-#)#