RXV21 and 11/94

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 7 19:42:49 CDT 2016

On 08/06/2016 00:09, Pete Turnbull wrote:
> On 07/06/2016 21:58, Rod Smallwood wrote:
>
>> Now then 11/83 - QBUS  so  an RXV21 to drive the RX02.
>> But where to put it. Next to the RQDX3?  After it?  In front?
>
> It won't make much difference.  Personally, I put it in front, but
> that's largely force of habit, born out of the need to place any RQDX1
> as the last item on the bus because of the way it (doesn't) pass grants.
>
> In general, the recommended order on microPDP-11s is:
>  memory
>  Ethernet and/or synchronous comms, eg DEQNA, DPV11, DRV11
>  printers, eg LPV11
>  other serial comms, eg DLV11, DZV11, DHV11
>  tapes, eg TK50, TK70
>  disks, eg RLV11
>  MSCP

Hi Pete
       I put the memory then the cpu then the RXV21 and finally the RQDX3.
System boots from the RX50 and the RD53 just fine.

Now I need to run diagnostics on the RXV21 and then the RX02.
As usual the manual tells you everything you dont need to know,
I thought L RXDIAG  then CR and S but no the prog. was not on yhe disk.

Suggestions on testing RXV21 please

Rod

\