E10K?

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Sat Jun 4 14:54:24 CDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter at triadic.us> wrote:
> I understand that, but isn't there something type of licensing built into the ssp software which is paired to a specific ssp?

Not quite -- the E10K has no real EEPROM, it's delivered by the SSP.
The EEPROM is a in-part generated on an SSP with two pieces, the S/N
of the system and a domain key delivered by Sun. There is a way to
generate these and I remember reading a web page with the info. All
you need is the S/N of the system to generate the key. Someone reverse
engineered the process, but I can't find links right now.