AT&T 3b2 vs SCSI2SD drive replacement

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 09:25:37 CDT 2016

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016, Toby Thain wrote:
> Big +1 to inertialcomputing! That's where I bought mine. I just checked
> the correspondence about it and I notice that the seller was very
> accommodating and helpful.

I just got one yesterday. It should arrive by Monday. I had a bunch of
special instructions for shipping and the cat from Interialcomputing was
cool about it, and responded right away.

I'll test it against the ACARD unit using my fastest Indy (R5k/180). I
also own an Adaptec AHA-2940. It's a fast-scsi2 PCI adapter and is
probably one of the most well supported SCSI adapters I've known. It has a
50-pin internal adapter I can connect to the SCSI2SD unit. This way, I can
benchmark using BSD & Linux, too with all kinds of fancy modes,
schedulers, filesystems, and benchmarking tools. I'm partial to 'fio' and
'iozone' for benchmarking, but I often also use 'dbench' to hammer
concurrency tests. Of course, it won't be very fair from the standpoint
that I'll be using a SanDisk UHS class-10/u3 card in the SCSI2SD versus a
Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD in the ACARD ARS-2000SUP. It should be an easy
sweep for the ACARD, but we'll see.

I'll blog it up and post it once I'm done.

-Swift