Apple & SGI keyboards (Re: NEC ProSpeed 386)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:46:34 CDT 2016

On 1 June 2016 at 00:16, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never
> known them to create "clackety" keyboards with mechanical switches

But that's the point. This here Extended II has them, as did the
Extended I before it. (I have one of them too, but I couldn't find it
in my storage unit in London to bring it over here to the Czech
Republic.)

I think the earlier ones do too, but they, although pleasant to type
on, have weird key layouts, especially of the cursor keys. The
Extended I & II have a PC-like layout, which minimised the mental
effort of switching between my Mac, my PC laptops and my IBM Model-M
equipped Raspberry Pi. "Inverted T" FTW!