Looking for a particular 5.25" floppy drive - Epson SD521

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 02:10:54 CDT 2016

Hi folks,

Apologies if this appears twice, I originally sent it from my non-classiccmp
email address for some reason.

This a long shot but worth an ask. Has anyone got a pair of Epson SD521
5.25" drives going spare? I have two in a Memotech FDX disk subsystem that
appear to have gone south on me, and while I can swap out for any other
DS/DD drive it'd be nice restore it using original spares.

The SD521 is an odd beast since it doesn't have a slide or lever to engage
the heads, it's all done on a push button. These ones are aware there's a
disk inserted and will home the heads if manually pulled forwards, but
seeking doesn't work. Maybe the track0 sensor?

Cheers!

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator