Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 10:29:35 CDT 2016

> On Jul 19, 2016, at 10:54 AM, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, ethan at 757.org wrote:
>> Hmp. Well the Cray J932SE on there is legit :-)
>
> The photo of that unit is entertaining. Whoever buys it will need to setup
> 3x 30A 220v outlets. That's going to make some licensed electrician very
> happy.

Or hobbyist.  It's pretty trivial, after all.  If you live in a state where that's not allowed, that would be an issue.  But in NH, for example, homeowners can do their own electrical work.  I wouldn't do work on the meter box or other always-live parts, but anything that can be powered down isn't an issue.  For one thing, I know from experience that the fact someone has a license doesn't necessarily make him qualified to do electrical work.

	paul