Building the Ultimate Classic Mac.

N0body H0me n0body.h0me at inbox.com
Mon Jul 18 22:36:16 CDT 2016

Long ago, on "The auction site that must not be named", some guy
was selling an apple-branded case, with a bare motherboard inside
(or, perhaps only sparsely populated).  The seller stated it was
the prototype motherboard for an 88k Mac that was never built.  It
sold for a stupid amount of money....

> I was in the RISC products group doing driver and cpu board bringup
> starting with
> the 88100 nubus boards to IBM RSC (never had a functional 88110) then 601
> over to high end desktop product development with TNT.

Wow, so as Walter Cronkite would have said: "...and you were there."
The question I'm dying to ask is: Given the choice between the PPC
and the 88k (and ignoring Motorola's propensity to shoot itself in
the foot), which archetecture would you tend to favor (and why)?