Found some stuff at the scrapyard

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 14:39:07 CDT 2016

What a flash back...

(SMECC is always looking for anything related to these products)

The  HPIL thinkjet version  was also used with  the   hp portable  and hp
portable plus    laptops.
we have  some of them in the SMECC  here... but    back  when I was   CEO
Computer Exchange  inc   we  sold lost of these..  it was a small laptop
with applications in ROM but also had a HPIL  3 1/2 disc and an  HPIL

Hey!
Remember  to the hp 45 calc.. had  HPIL   interface also...

There was also a gaggle of  cards to the  PC and the HP  150 TOUCHSCREEN
that  would  talk to  HPIL and  also  on IBM side  HPIL  plus  I seem to
remember HPIB  cards  too.

THANK YOU FOR THE INK WARNINGS!
I did not know about the corrosive qualities of the  ink and  did  not
realize the  glycerol content...

I may be  wrong but I remember a  HPIL a HPIB a Parallel    and maybe a
Serial interface  version of the HP Thinkjet

Now there was another interface not to be confused  with the HPIL it  was
called HP HIL HP HUMAN INTERFACE LOOP I remember?  it was   what the mouse
used on the  hp 150  etc...

I may still still have  my  orig  HP   Thinkjet  service training course
...  we were also a service center  for a bunch of the HP PC  products and
some manuals from classes I attended  or my staff attended  I  saved and they
are in the glassed in   HP  lock up area where the  2000 access and  the hp
micro and  mini stuff   lives.

I have a bunch of  odd VECTRA internals  manuals  too...

Just  wish  I had saved more of this stuff...

We also  have an HP INTEGRAL (sp?)   Unix all in one computer   printer
combo... cool concept it has THINKJET printer built in the top of  it  too.
we never sold this  product but  SMECC  was  given a  prototype   many  years
    later...

REMEMBER TOO.... THINKJET printers always printed best on   "special hp
thinkjet paper"

Ed# _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 7/17/2016 12:15:58 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
mhs.stein at gmail.com writes:

>>  for some incomprehensible reason, you can still order brand new
cartridges  from... Staples!

Another thanks for the tip; I've got an HP2225B  (HP-IL, with RS-232
converter) which presumably uses the same cartridge. Will  have to check it out.