NuTek Mac comes

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jul 14 12:34:36 CDT 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Liam Proven wrote:
>> meeting. I'm guessing I will never be a BMW fan or a NeXT bigot.
> Wouldn't know. I don't do cars. I like BMW bikes, though. Had an R80/7
> with a sidecar for many years.

I like BMW bikes, and even the imitations (Ural, Dnepr).
I love the Isetta, but somehow none of their cars since then appeal to me.

I played with a NeXT briefly, before release, trying to get a printer to
connect.  I'm not sure if I've even seen one since then.

> Google Android has shown that folks can (successfully) bastardize
> Linux/UNIX into something very weird, proprietary, custom, and no longer
> even resembling UNIX, much.

How many even know of a connection?

> Who knows, maybe Android will become that.

as phone/PDA software, it does OK.
Giving iPhone competition.
Trying to use it as a computer platform seems far-fetched.