Wanted: VT5x roll-around stand

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:25:02 CDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 9:31 PM, B M <iamvirtual at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 3 stands, but I only need 1 for my VT-50.  I am taking offers on the
> other 2 :-)

I would love one, but I am afraid of the shipping costs to Ohio.  I've
had small packages shipped from Toronto and it seems to run over
$10/lb.

> I believe these stands to be authentic DEC VT5X stands.  Is there any way
> of telling for sure?  There are no markings on the stands.

I can't be certain, but the height and the appearance suggest to me
that they are.

> Here is a picture of the stand:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqkBl9PETyQek51bFlXTU53a1E

Superb!

> The tray dimensions (all inside dimensions) are as follows:
>
> width: 16-13/16"
> length: 22-7/8"
> height (floor to base of tray including casters): 25"
>
> The lip of the stand is approx 7/16"
> The metal is approx 1/16" thick.

Thanks for the info!  I can check the bottom of a VT52 to see what's
there at those dimensions - feet or any corner/edge features.  Anyone
have a photo handy of the bottom of a VT52?  With a scale ruler?  I
can take one but it'll be a week or two until I'm in the right place.

-ethan