Looking for old connectors

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Sat Jul 9 19:49:08 CDT 2016

On Sat, 9 Jul 2016, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 07/09/2016 09:18 AM, Tothwolf wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Jul 2016, Mike Stein wrote:
>>> From: "Tothwolf" <tothwolf at concentric.net>

> These connectors are also available with gold contacts on both ends.
> For long-term reliability, these are better.

For lower voltage signal applications, yes. For supplying power, no.

Both contact surfaces must also be the same material or tin oxide will
form on the surface of the gold plating and cause a major headache. This
was a serious problem with 486 and earlier Pentium PCs with 30 and 72 pin
SIMMs and it led to a number of lawsuits.