word processor history -- interesting article (Evan Koblentz)

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:31:00 CDT 2016

I used, until my Windows XP days, an editor called Qedit.  Q.exe It was
fast and one could edit columns as well as rows.  This made it useful for
pre-parsing of data files.

I also used PEdit, an IBM program.  I used to teach DisplayWrite 4 at the
IBM Customer Center in Wilmington, Delaware.

I must have a few dozen word processor programs, little ones mostly, from
various systems.  A lot of WordStar versions in particular for CP/M.