IBM 3101-12 ASCII terminal - need fuse holder

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jan 29 11:56:04 CST 2016

On 01/28/2016 10:28 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I was just gifted with an IBM 3101-12 ASCII terminal that happens to
> be missing the fuse and fuse holder.  Unlike a lot of 1960s and 1970s
> gear, it's not round.  It's square.  Is this a standard IBM thing from
> the 70s/80s?  Anyone know where I could get one?  It seems to snap in
> and probably fell out at some point under its previous owner.
I'd open up the case and see if you can find out who made
the whole fuse holder assembly.  Lots of outfits made
"fancy" fuse holders that were different entirely for visual
appeal.  Or, just browse through the Digi-Key or other
catalogs and try to find a fuse holder that fits the opening
in the case.  I'm sure it was NOT a custom IBM part.
> Also, I found only a little info on it from Googling.  Later IBM ASCII
> terminals emulated ANSI command or Wyse-50 or something.  I couldn't
> find anything on the 3101.  Is it a glass TTY or does it respond to
> any cursor positioning, etc. commands?

It definitely has cursor positioning commands.  I ran one on
a CP/M system, and added in the cursor and other commands on
a configurable editor and used it for some time.

Jon