BC11A paddle boards

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:48:34 CST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Guy Sotomayor <ggs at shiresoft.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 27, 2016, at 11:03 AM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you do bare boards (no connectors), I'd probably be interested in
>> several sets.
>
> I offer parts kits as a convenience not as a requirement.  The big costs
> are just getting the number of boards up.

Sure.  I just didn't assume because some kits are priced around volume
orders of PCB+parts and it screws with the inventory to sell bare
boards.  I'm usually happiest to buy bare board kits or board+weird
parts.

> Of course when I start producing products that are SMD with pre-programmed
> parts (ie MEM11A), those will be fully assembled and tested just because I
> don’t want to handle the support issues and component choice variations as
> well as I’ll have the boards assembled before they get to me.

Sure.  I've been on the support end of selling through-hole kits, but
I wouldn't want to have to support SMD kits.  I have bought and
assembled many kits with SMD parts and have enjoyed success, but not
everyone's builds go smoothly (and even I've had to occasionally fix
my own screwups).

And I'm still interested in at least one MEM11A when it gets to that.
I have this 11/20 that needs some stuffing.

-ethan