For you SGI fans...

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Tue Jan 12 23:53:23 CST 2016

> I need to put the two-proc module in my Octane and fire it up.  Anyone know
> of the top of his/her head if I have to reinstall IRIX, or does it pick up
> on the multiproc config at boot and Do The Right Thing?  Or do I just need
> to RTFM?

I can't remember any issue going from single CPU to 32.

I might have 6.5.26 or 27 or something? I had to download some recent
version of the overlays to get 8 channel recording support via lightpipe
on one of the IRIX tools. Sadly the excellent IRIX man pages are wrong
about the utility, it was definitely at the end of IRIX.

The Solaris CD page is gonna be HUGE with all the versions of that thing
;-)

--
Ethan O'Toole