AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 6 15:25:21 CST 2016

I tried starting up my AlphaStation 200 today. All I get is some beeps and
an LED diagnostic code that suggests the NVRAM test failed. I swapped the
battery, as the old one was dead, but it still refused to work. I have tried
connecting to the serial port and got nothing (although I could have a
problem with using the correct cable etc). I even tried flipping the jumper
that takes you to the mini console, to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions for reviving this machine?

Thanks

Rob