VAX 11/730 quickie

Don North north at alum.mit.edu
Wed Feb 24 16:11:48 CST 2016

On 2/24/2016 1:11 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
>> Why are you using MRSP mode (-m switch)? Do you know that is absolutely
>> required?
> For VAX-11/730 console yes it is absolutely required as far as I know;
> everything I've read about people using emulation there says that it
> is.
>
> Mike

Yes it appears that is correct. Going back to this thread:
http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?36113-Problems-using-tu58em-with-VAX-11-725-VAX-11-730/page13
there was a whole lot of discussion on bringing up a '730 with TU58EM, and the
updates to it (to fix some time delays)
to support the TU58 device on the '730 with TU58EM.

I have since updated mainline TU58EM to version 1.4m to add Mark Blair's VAX 730
timing and background mode changes
(enable via -x and -b switches). Source and cygwin executable here:
https://github.com/AK6DN/tu58em
Functionally this should be the same as Mark's version 1.4j + his changes.

Don