Serial analyzers (was Re: VAX 11/730 quickie)

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:11:27 CST 2016

I was wondering if I should add a 4952 to my HP collection. It's tempting, these are cute machines. But except if I am using synchronous RS232, I was not sure what I would getting that a laptop with a good terminal emulator and a serial port would give me. Can you convince me otherwise? What do you guys use it for?
Marc