Internal HP docs on 9845 sys?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sun Feb 21 12:13:51 CST 2016

* Just out of curiosity, what a big company like HP does with its
"historical" documents?

Easily. >99% of the destroy all documentation, specially when it was
internal. Your best bet, and mine has been for documents people took home
with them, and luckily not thrown out during a move, or the widow or
surviving kids not tossing it all out.
Sometimes it is because they perceive it as propriety (hide mistakes), or
has no value. This happed at Tektronix, for one instrument line they 'saved
money' by getting rid of the filing cabinets.

Here's what I do. Find out where the <fill in the blank> was designed. Put
ads on Craigslist, local papers etc. I've even run ads on a couple local
radio stations.  Look for local clubs, associations etc. One of the
buildings I worked at when at Burroughs in the 70's still holds gathering
once a month.

Any retirement groups ? Physical or on-line. Some have newsletters. Has
worked pretty well for me.

West coast ? put an ad in a Phoenix/Palm Springs paper. East coast ?
Florida.

-pete