VAXen and minimal memory (was Re: The PDP11/04 has landed..)

Huw Davies huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Fri Feb 12 07:30:49 CST 2016

> On 12 Feb 2016, at 12:39, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Guy wrote...
> -----
> In late '86 I was running a VAX8500 with 2 RA81s
> -----
> Can't be true. There's no such thing as running RA81's *Grin*

My comments regarding RA81s run something like “we purchased two of the first RA81s in Australia but ran about 15 of the first 100 shipped”. My FS guy and I could replace an RA81 HDA in 15 minutes - we had lots of practice - I think we replaced 10 or 15 in six months :-(

Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"