11/73 into 11/03 chassis?

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Tue Feb 9 20:56:24 CST 2016

Jake,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 01:36:24PM -0500, Jacob Ritorto wrote:
> So, since grafting in the Micro backplane would involve butcher work, I'm
> now wholeheartedly convinced that I should be moving to your setup with the
> BA11-N/S boxes, Noel.  And I'm sold on the Q-22 backplane conversion
> (despite failing the first time I tried it years ago).  Going to study what
> prints I have, review previous advice and go for it.
>
> Thank you for all the tips and hand-holding!

I just did this conversion to an oddball dual-wide backplane, and
it was extremely was easy. I used a bag of 50 pre-cut wire-wrap
jumpers which were a few dollars from Jameco or Digikey.

This page (which even mentions Noel!) has clear information and
pictures identifying the four pins involved:

   http://web.frainresearch.org:8080/projects/pdp-11/conv22.php

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com), KC3DRE