The PDP11/04 has landed..

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:05:38 CST 2016

>> I assume they didn't buy a service contract with that machine?  I doubt
> DEC would be real happy with that.  Also, the 64K RAM chips need an extra
> address pin, were the boards laid out with that signal already in place?

Probably not since the new address signal used to be the +5V supply voltage
(on 16 k chip) which one could assume is connected using one of the middle
layers of  of a multilayer PCB. As mentioned earlier in this thread I did
such a conversion on a MSV11-D board more than 25 years ago and then I had
to lift up this pin and connect it via an extra wire.

/Mattis