The PDP11/04 has landed..

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Sun Feb 7 22:57:08 CST 2016

On Sun, 7 Feb 2016, Jos Dreesen wrote:

> Yesterday I picked up the PDP11/04 that Jay mentioned a few days ago.
> Less than 15 miles from home  !

First week on the job in March 1980, my new boss brought me two pdp11/04s
and a box of memeory chips.  He to told me to double the memory in
the two computers by populating all the empty holes on the memory boards.

Fortunately I started with only one memory board.

All the holes were full of solder so I tried to clear the solder before
putting in the chips.  It seemed that every time I touched the soldering
iron to the board, any nearby traces immediately lifted and rolled up.
I never finished the first board and I never started the second board.

Up until then I thought I knew how to solder.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS   : "...underneath those
   Athabasca University				   : tuques we wear, our