Help with getting an original Altai running: 8080A clock circuitry and MITS88 2-SIO board

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 16:39:16 CST 2016

I'll not pretend to be any sort of Altair expert, but I did manage a fairly
involved rebuild / restoration of one, about a year back. Here's a link to
the set of documents I collected in the process:

https://nerp.net/~legendre/altair/

My machine is restored to what you might call a "freshly built" state, so
the only boards present are the 8080A CPU and a third-party SRAM board. The
front panel is also re-installed and working.

I haven't been able to find (afford..) a genuine MITS RAM board for it,
much as I'd like one. =/