Calibration of 8" floppy drive?

Dan K 100dashsix at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 23:50:42 CST 2016

It figures: after all this talk about neither of the drives working, I
plugged one of them in (the one that's in better condition) and it now
recognizes the disk. The felt pad presses on the media, at least very
lightly, and perhaps this is the source of the main problems in the
other drive.

Other issues I didn't mention: the metal front panel that prevents the
disk drive from opening too far is broken on one of them, and the
latching mechanisms on both drives don't work, so that I have to wedge
something on top to keep the disks engaged. I also haven't tested the
reliability of the drives, as in writing a ton of data and verifying
it.

I noticed you changed the destination to cctech instead of cctalk,
James. I'll try to do that in the future for on-topic-only
discussions, as I suspect that's the custom here.

-Dan