Can Windows 98SE run on an Intel I7 with SATA hard drives?

Andrew M Hoerter amh at pobox.com
Thu Feb 4 09:43:08 CST 2016

On 2/4/16 10:12, Liam Proven wrote:

>>     Win7 is ok but annoyingly
>> over-user-friendly.
>
> Agreed. I don't like the ribbons, the new fake-folders in Explorer --
> but it works, it's supported and updated.

Yes, provided you're willing to sift through the available updates and
hide all the Microsoft spyware... err, "telemetry" patches and the
increasingly coercive Windows 10 upgrade offers.

For many people, the time cost and risk of doing that has exceeded any
benefit gained from updating Windows at all.