USPS: Shipping

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Feb 1 12:43:40 CST 2016

> On Feb 1, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Ken Seefried <seefriek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2016, Pete Lancashire wrote:
>>> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Henk Gooijen <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Spend the extra few dollars (or what your currency is) and pack it in a
>>> very strong box. I've actually had EPROMs show up cracked in half
>>
>> Seconded. The machines the USPS uses for automated sorting of mail are not
>> gentle on parcels.
>>

> I'd rather strongly suggest you not us the USPS period.  In the last 6
> months or so they've flat out lost 4 items either destined to or
> shipped by me, and one item apparently (according to the tracking web
> site) sat in a sorting facility in Utah for nearly a month before
> magically showing up.  Glad it wasn't perishable.

I’ve had failures with *all* of the major shippers.

UPS tracking is a *joke*.  It tells you not where the package is but where
it’s supposed to be.  I was tracking an IBM 3278 terminal and it wasn’t
until the tracking said it was “on the truck for delivery” that they realized
there was a problem.  There was not one “physical” scan of the package
and they had no idea where it was.

TTFN - Guy