DEC banner panel

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Tue Dec 27 09:15:29 CST 2016

Tony D. wrote:

>I hadn't realized that they were printed on aluminium. Ouch!. I also don't know how they are fixed to the plastic header panel, my plastic panel is 'empty' and I >don't see any adhesive residue. Maybe some kind of double-sided tape?

>I wonder if something could be done with a good photograph of the panel?

>Obviously I am not asking anyone to damage or risk damaging their machines for this.

I am in the same situation as Tony with my PDP 8/e system.  My system originally came with a blank black panel at the top, that had a rotary switch placed in the center which would allow remapping of the three RK05 drives to different unit numbers.   It also came with an additional "blank" black panel (no sign of any adhesive residue either).  I'd love to have the correct insert for the blank panel to put at the top of the rack.

If anyone (Rod S. (aka Panelman) seems a great possibility) ends up making something that is reasonably accurate and looks good, I'd sign up to buy one straight away.

-Rick
---
Rick Bensene
The Old Calculator Museum