Transporting an LGP-30

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Dec 23 13:45:46 CST 2016

On 12/23/2016 08:06 AM, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently became the owner of an LGP-30, supposedly in 'working'
> condition. However, the machine is roughly 2000 miles from me and
> will need to be transported by freight. Before it's palletized, are
> there any special precautions I should take to ensure its safe
> travel. I'm especially worried about the drum (drum lock?), but
> haven't been able to find a maintenance or setup doc.
>
> Anyone out there with experience or can offer a few pointers?

Is this the LGP-30 that came up for auction in Canada?

Personally, I'd buy a plane ticket and supervise the packing.  There
are,  IIRC, 110 or so tubes, a drum and other goodies that should
probably be removed and shipped separately.   Nothing like getting a box
o' broken glass to make life interesting.

--Chuck