ISO: RL02 cable

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 01:56:03 CST 2016

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all --
>
> I'm in need of an RL02 cable (drive to drive).  I picked up a second drive
> for my PDP-11/40 and I'd like to get it hooked up.
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Josh

I don't have a spare, but just to follow up on our earlier conversation I
was able to remedy the DC LO issue on my 11/40 so I could work on 15V going
to the RL11 controller as you suggested.  One issue remains however.

When I power on I get the correct quiescent lights, but address line 16
comes on when one pressed the LOAD ADDR switch for any address, (and paddle
16 was not up)?   Same effect if I switch out RAM, it's not caused by the
RAM nor  the M9312.  I still get this effect even if I have no RAM in the
system.  I thought for sure this was a specific error, but I can't seem to
find it in my notes or docs.  I have seen this before.  M7231?  If you know
great if not I will keep looking and testing.  I am very encouraged as to
your progress with the 11/34 and I hope soon to finally get my 11/40
booting with an RL02.

BIll