PDP-8 OS/8 versions

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Fri Dec 9 18:31:52 CST 2016

I am aware of some of that. I was actually comparing using the
information in the combined kit release notes. It has information
about how to determine the version of the included programs. Some have
a command to do it, some have an address that needs to be examined
with ODT.

With OS/8, the notion of a config files changes. You make changes and
save them in the binary of the command, so a command binary can
change. You learn this after doing a build with R BUILD and then
realizing that you can't save your changes. I haven't figured out if
there is a way to load a system head into BUILD.

-chuck