PDP-8e power switch key?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Dec 1 10:57:28 CST 2016

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, W2HX wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the response on keys. I am sorry I don’t know
> how I missed all the collected information here on this subject. My
> apologies. I now have all the information I need on this subject! Thanks
> everyone.

If you can, you should remove the lock and take it with you to the
locksmith when you go to get your xx2247 key made.

1) It makes it convenient to test the newly-cut key, and/or resolve any
uncertainties about it.

2) In SOME jusrisdictions, there are local regulations forbidding
code-cutting of keys, without varying levels of PROOF that you own/have
said lock.  That is nominally so that, since many locks have their
code-name displayed, that somebody doesn't walk into a locksmith and get
keys cut for other people's locks.

5 years ago, in the previous discussion of the XX2247, a couple of people
measured their keys.  If you don't have a code-cutting locksmith handy,
those discussions were just about all you would need to machine your own
blank and cut it yourself.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com