DEC Pro 350/380 Memory Cards - Interchangeability?

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 23:56:45 CDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 6:42 AM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
> Yes, the one I saw when I made that comment is an MSM51V18165F by Lapis, a 1M by 16 "fast page mode" EDO DRAM.

If it's EDO, it may not be compatible with systems that weren't
designed for EDO, and since none of the 16-pin parts were EDO, I'd
avoid it.

"Normal" and FPM memory stops driving the data output when CAS is
deasserted, regardless of the state of RAS.  EDO continues driving the
data output even with CAS deasserted, unless RAS is also deasserted.