MicroVAX II Console Garbling Characters

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 25 03:08:24 CDT 2016

It turns out the problem was the cab kit. I replaced it with a spare and the
machine worked great. On closer inspection I found some corrosion and
possible evidence of a previous battery leak, so I am going to take it
apart, check it and clean it up.

The other thing that made me suspect the cab kit is that the act of pulling
the serial cable out (not unplugging the terminal) would cause the machine
to reset. MicroVAX II does this if you switch off the console terminal while
the terminal is connected.

Thanks

Rob