MicroVAX II Console Garbling Characters

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Aug 24 20:59:43 CDT 2016

On 08/24/2016 11:05 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:
> Well, it does "lose" characters. It seems to be that after
> a short burst of characters it just gives up and I don't
> see anymore characters for a while, then it will show a
> few more after a bit of a pause (but not always).
Hmmm, that sounds like possibly a buffer overflow in the
terminal. Some terminals had really slow micros running
them, and needed to stop transmission from the host for a
while.  If the host is not obeying the stop-sending command
(could be the terminal is using the CTS line that is not
wired to the VAX, or the VAX is not set to obey Xoff/Xon
characters) then this would happen.

Jon