DEC Indicator Panels page

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:45:26 CDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> So, I've been working for a while on a page about DEC indicator panels (the
> standardized 36x4 light arrays which go into a 19" rack, with an inlay to
> customize it to a particular device). It's online now, here:
>
>   http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/DECIndicatorPanels.html
>
> Does anyone happen to have a good image of an RK08 panel, or an RF11, which I
> can use here?
>
> Even better, does anyone know of, or have images of, panels which are not
> listed here? (I am not including the unknown 'RK' panel in the RSTS document,
> which will be the subject of a separate message.)

Have a look at http://www.corestore.org/pdp.htm

It's very badly in need of a refresh and update but you might find
some stuff there... especially the unique style of panel applied to
the later (XVM) pdp-15s.

I also have an odd box... it's pdp-8/L in style but housed several
sets of boards for controlling multiple paper tape readers/punches
IIRC... can't recall the DEC designator. It has an indicator panel
built in to the front of the box rather than mounted at the top of the
rack.

I know someone who can probably help with images of TC15 and RF15/RS09

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'