Microvax II hardware not recognized

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 22:37:47 CDT 2016

I've brought up a MicroVax II and installed VMS 5.5-2 on a SCSI2SD disk
and it is fun to work with.  (I also installed openvms 7.2 without much
drama)

The problem I am having is that is has a TK50 tape drive and controller,
but it never has shown up in the device list.  I even swapped in a
different controller.

The DHV11 did show up initially but has now disappeared from the device
list.  Did I do this by removing boards and putting them back in?

A RQDX2 board was put back in at a secondary CSR address and that shows
up (it is connected to an RX50 which shows up in the device list).

Does Autogen recognize new hardware?

Doug