HP 2100A Restoration

Hayden Kroepfl perlpowers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:54:49 CDT 2016

Well I'm hoping for the memory section that I can find at least one of the
4 core boards that works right away. I've got an 8k driver board I can swap
it so I could run the system on only a single core board if needed. I'd
probably write a short program to do a bunch of memory writes, reads, and
such to exercise it for a few hours or such.

The power supply going bang is one of my worries. I've got an old 80s logic
analyzer with power supply issues, while testing got a big spark by one of
the huge filter caps in it and it put me off working on it for a long while
XD.

It would have been quite nice if there was no CTuL logic in the system,
when repairing my Altair if I find a dead logic chip I can still buy modern
compatible replacements. If one of these die, I'd probably have to build a
circuit out of discrete transistors on an ugly protoboard.