Calling all typographers

schoedel at kw.igs.net schoedel at kw.igs.net
Thu Apr 28 12:58:06 CDT 2016

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:43:30 +0100, Rod Smallwood wrote
> On 28/04/2016 17:18, Paul Koning wrote:
> > I just found FontForge, which is open source.  A few minutes experimentation
shows that it is quite happy to draw straight lines, including doing obvious
stuff like line segments forced to be horizontal or vertical, or circles or
ellipses.  Bezier curves too, of course.

> Oh I tried that one. Very powerful  I'm sure but I could not get it to
> do anything.

Fontforge went through a period after the original author retired when it was
constantly broken. The version obtainable via http://fontforge.github.io/ should
be better now (but I haven't used it lately).

--
Kevin Schoedel <schoedel at kw.igs.net> VA3TCS