Mac "Workgroup Server" (or "network server") hardware & AIX

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:21:41 CDT 2016

Has anyone ever seen either A/UX or AIX running on an Apple Network Server
or Apple Workgroup Server? I had several hundred AIX machines running in a
server farm for a while, but even the oldest was POWER4 based, and I've only
done a bit of legacy support for PPC60x-based RS/6000 systems. I don't
belive I've ever seen an ANS or AWS IRL.

I'm curious what the last version of AIX that will run on them.  I'm
guessing 4.x.  I'm also curious if there is one machine that can run A/UX,
AIX, MacOS, and NetBSD.

Here's a fun fact to know and tell. In addition to an SGI Irix screen
running the "fsn" tool in the movie Jurassic Park, there were several
screenshots of a workstation in that same room/scene running A/UX.

-Swift